Absence and lateness
- You are in permitted no more than 3 absences if you wish to pass this course, and no more than 1 if you wish to get anything better than a 'C'
- If you have notified me of your absence before the class (by 6pm Thursday for a Friday class or by 6pm on Sunday for a Monday class) and you have a good reason I expect to receive a 200 word essay at the next class. If you forget to submit the essay the requirement goes up by 100 words.
- If you do not notify me until after 6pm the Thursday before class you must have an excellent reason and must submit a 400 word essay (1 for each missed class) at the next class. If you forget to submit the essay the requirement goes up by 100 words. You have only 2 chances to submit your essay, if you forget a second time you will be marked as absent. The essay subject is your choice.
- All work must be typed, double spaced, and you must submit 2 copies. Formatting detail
- if you are more than 5 mins late you will be marked as 1/2 absent,
more than 15 mins late 3/4 absent.
Over 25 mins and you will be marked absent.
- If for example your train is delayed for reasons beyond your control. In a case like this your lateness will not count towards your absence limit.
If there is a consistent pattern of lateness this will be treated as significant
and will incur an appropriate penalty
Good reasons for absence are in principal limited to sickness or a death in you immediate family.
Specifically excluded as reasons for absence are Seminar or Circle activities