Absence and lateness
- You are in permitted no more than 3 absences if you wish to pass this course, and no more than 1 if you wish to get anything better than a 'C'
- If you have notified me of your absence before the class (by 6pm Monday) and you have a good reason I expect to receive an essay (1 for each missed class) the next time you come to class. If you forget to submit the essay the requirement goes up by 100 words.
- If you do not notify me until after 6pm the Monday before class you must have an excellent reason and must submit 2 essays (2 for each missed class) at the next class. If you forget to submit the essay the requirement goes up by 100 words.
- All work must be typed, double spaced, and you must submit 2 copies. Formatting detail
- Period 1: 200 words
- Period 2: 200 words
- Period 3: 200 words
- if you are more than 5 mins late you will be marked as 1/2 absent,
more than 15 mins late 3/4 absent.
Over 25 mins and you will be marked absent.
- If for example your train is delayed for reasons beyond your control. In a case like this your lateness will not count towards your absence limit.
If there is a consistent pattern of lateness this will be treated as significant
and will incur an appropriate penalty
Good reasons for absence are in principal limited to job hunting, sickness or a death in you immediate family.
Specifically excluded as reasons for absence are Seminar or Circle activities